My skills are unparalleled!Akuma
Akuma, known in Japan as Gouki (豪鬼, Gōki?), is a character from the Street Fighter series by Capcom. He is a powerful warrior fixated on mastering the Satsui no Hado and one of Ryu's deadliest rivals.
Akuma first appeared in X-Men: Children of the Atom as a secret guest character. He is a playable character in X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. He is also an assist character in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
Akuma has red hair, wears prayer beads around his neck, and wears a black belt with a torn black or blue gi. The kanji ten (天?, lit. sky/heaven/providence) can be seen on his back when it appears during certain animations. He wears a rope in place of his belt in his newer designs.
In his ending, Akuma says to Magneto, "I'm the master warrior!" The credits show a bunch of X-Men characters in a dizzy motion and after the credits, Akuma does a taunt.
Akuma is standing on top of a Japanese temple. Wolverine asks Akuma what he knows about his past. He says to Wolverine, "... Want to talk? Force me." After that they start to fight each other.
Akuma notes that no one else is left to rival him on Earth and prepares to journey through the galaxy to find a worthy challenger, leaving behind the bodies of Ryu, Wolverine, Captain America, Chun-Li, and Spider-Man.
Although Akuma does not make an appearance in the game, the Satsui no Hado plays a part in the story. Ryu seems to use little bits of it to fight against the Maverick-infected Dahren Mohran alongside Hulk and the Monster Hunter. When Jedah invades Avengers Tower to destroy the base along with the other heroes and Thanos inside, Ryu began to succumb to the Satsui no Hado, catching Thanos' interest on that dark power. Thanos then interferes and stops Jedah from using the Soul Stone to weaken Ryu's human soul and turn him into Evil Ryu, effectively removing a burden Ryu has had for a long time.
At the end of the game's after credits scene, the Satsui no Hado gains a significant boost in role as Thanos stole the energy of the Satsui no Hado inside Ryu and claims that at its full capacity and potential it can and has destroyed a god, which he then tries to use to destroy Death and Jedah after Death betrays him at some point in the story. Due to the cliffhanger nature of the ending and how the game is made plus the several nods to Ryu almost succumbing to it, Akuma is likely to make an appearance due to him being the current physical manifestation of the Satsui no Hado.
While some people often refer to Akuma as a shoto clone (characters who fight identically or similar to Ryu by utilizing his attacks, usually possessing a projectile and anti-air special, with a physical distance coverage optional), he has more than enough moves to distinguish himself from his lighter counterpart, utilizing a very different playstyle. Back in his earlier appearances, Akuma/Gouki simply had his moves as a combination of both Ryu and Ken's; his Hadouken was both as slow and strong, his Shouryuuken did multiple hits with Ryu's damage, and his Tatsumaki Zankuukyaku did multiple hits like Ken's and knockdown like Ryu's, giving him juggle capabilities. His overpowered damage output was balanced by giving him very low health, making him a classic example of a Glass Cannon in most of his appearances after most of Street Fighter II. His low health storywise is shown to be Akuma holding back his true power in order to enjoy his fights. Most of his recent versions are often balanced, though some game-breaking tools still tend to exist.
Theme Songs Edit
- A design of both Akuma and Ryu can be found in the background of the Hand HQ stage.
- Akuma is considered the first character to debut in the Cross-Over series, since he is a secret character on X-Men: Children of Atom, making him the very first Street Fighter/Capcom character to appear in a Marvel related game.
- He is one of four unlockable characters in MvC3, along with Sentinel, Hsien-Ko, and Taskmaster. To unlock Akuma, players must obtain 2,000 Player Points, making him the first of the four unlockable characters of the game.
- Akuma is one of the sub bosses in Cosmic Form before fighting Galactus. The other sub bosses are Doctor Doom, Wesker and Dormammu.
- Akuma was shown alongside Taskmaster, because they both have fighting styles of other fighters. However, Akuma is the overused Shoutou style shared by many Street Fighter characters (Ryu/Ken/Dan/Sean), while Taskmaster is a mix of a bunch of Marvel character fighting moves (in this game specifically Captain America/Spider-Man/Hawkeye) due to his photographic reflexes. Akuma also uses the style to its full killing peak left intact.
- When performing his Messatsu Gou Hadou or Tenma Gou Zankuu Hyper Combos in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, one can faintly hear the sound similar to children laughing whilst as Akuma gathers energy.