Cable, real name Nathan Christopher Charles Summers, is a character from the X-Men series by Marvel. He is a battle-hardened mutant born to Scott Summers and Madelyne Pryor-Summers. He is sent to the future to cure his Techno-Organic Virus, began to travel through time, and returned many years older than his father, calling himself Cable.
Cable is a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Special Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Gun Fire: Cable shoots his guns multiple times. Activated just by mashing the Hard Punch.
- Viper Beam: (Can also be done in the air) Cable takes out a big gun and shoots a beam at the opponent. Has long range and fast start-up, vertical direction can be controlled by the control stick while mashing the punch buttons
- Running Fist: Cable slides forward and throws his fist out, causing an energy wave to generate.
- Psi-Charge: A grab move, when close, Cable grabs his opponent and shocks them.
- Electrap: (Can also be done in the air) Throws an electric grenade. When a kick button is released the grenade explodes. If the explosion makes contact with the opponent it stuns them for a brief moment.
- Scimitar Uppercut: Cable's anti-air. Throws an electric harpoon at the opponent. Has great distance.
Assist Attacks[edit | edit source]
|α||Projectile||Viper Beam||Viper Beam||Hyper Viper Beam|
|β||Anti-Air||Scimitar Uppercut||Schimitar Uppercut'||Hyper Viper Beam|
|γ||Variety||Electrap||Running Fist||Hyper Viper Beam|
Hyper Combos[edit | edit source]
- Hyper Viper Beam (Level 1): (Can also be done in the air) An upgraded version of Viper beam, Has a fast start up time and mashing the buttons causes more damage. Vertical direction can be controlled by the control stick while mashing the punch buttons.
- Time Flip (Level 1): Cable summons a shadow clone of himself and starts attacking the opponent. The original Cable can still move and attack.