Cammy White is a character from the Street Fighter series by Capcom. She was a deadly assassin who worked for M. Bison in Shadaloo, before breaking free and becoming an MI6 operative for the British government.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Cammy is petite with blue eyes and unusually long blonde pigtails with a scar on her left cheek. Her legs were lightly adorned with a lightning bolt design (except in Street Fighter V).
Her appearance in 2D era Marvel vs. Capcom games is based on her Shadaloo’s Killer Bee incarnation from Street Fighter Alpha, which was prior to her classic Delta Squad incarnations from Street Fighter II onwards. The Alpha-Cammy wears a light blue leotard with an open back and a small yellow tie attached to the front, a small blue garrison cap, pointed brown combat boots, and the same red gauntlets as her classic “Delta Squad” incarnation. lightning bolt design’s color on her legs is light blue. Alpha-Cammy’s uniform is a lighter version of the Shadaloo Doll uniform, and swaps the standard tights for the bare legged, lightning bolt design.
Story[edit | edit source]
Cammy loses her memories after the battle. She is approached by Matsu'o Tsurayaba to join in their ninja clan. Psylocke defeats the ninjas and tells Cammy to choose her own destiny. Three years later, Cammy joins the special forces unit "Delta Red".
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Cammy is a quick, close range fighter. She lacks any projectile or long-reaching attacks, and therefore hurls herself at the enemy relying on speed and priority. For example, her standing hard punch can often cancel an opponent's attack outright, if it connects.
Many of Cammy's special and super moves are endowed with blue flames characteristic of Psycho Power. She also receives the Cannon Revenge, which is a counter move that has her automatically retaliating against physical attacks with a floating punch or a Cannon Spike. In these games, she can also double jump or triple jump.
Special Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Cannon Drill (Spiral Arrow): Cammy's forward offensive attack, causes her to lunge forward, feet first, while spinning. Distance she travels depends on the strength of the kick button.
- Spin Knuckle: Cammy hops forward and does a backhand attack. Distance she travels depends on the strength of the punch button.
- Cannon Spike: Cammy's anti-air move causes her to quickly kick one leg upward into the air, twisting her body and flipping backward, putting her at a safe range from the opponent when the move completes.
- Cannon Revenge: Cammy enters a counter pose. When hit by a physical move Cammy will counterattack.
- Air Cannon Spike: An airborne version of Cammy's Cannon Spike attack.
- Hooligan Combo: Cammy jumps towards the opponent while spinning in the air. Her actions during this attack depends on the inputs of a button.
- Punch: If Cammy is nowhere near the opponent it will simply cancel the spin.
- Punch: When Cammy is close she will grab her opponent.
- Kick: Cammy performs a Cannon Strike.
- No buttons inputted: Cammy performs a sweep as she lands.
|α||Anti-Air||Cannon Spike||Cannon Spike||Spin Drive Smasher|
|β||Dash||Cannon Drill||Cannon Drill||Spin Drive Smasher|
|γ||Expansion||Axle Spin Knuckle||Axle Spin Knuckle||Killer Bee Assault|
Hyper Combos[edit | edit source]
- Killer Bee Assault (Level 1): Cammy jumps towards the wall behind her, bouncing off the walls of the screen, attacking the opponent with four jump kicks, grabbing the opponent in mid air then slamming them into the ground with a stomp delivered with both feet, afterwards flipping away to a safe distance (this attack is very similar to Spider-Man's Maximum Spider and Wesker's Phantom Dance from the Marvel vs. Capcom series).
- Spin Drive Smasher (Level 1): A powerful, multi-hitting Spiral Arrow followed by a similarly powered Cannon Spike.
- Reverse Shaft Breaker (Level 1): A vertically executed Spiral Arrow. This move is in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes only.
Tag Partner[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Her official artwork and in-game assets from X-Men vs. Street Fighter are reused in Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold, presumably sometimes after the first release of the said first Marvel vs. Capcom entry game where her Alpha incarnation debuted.
- In Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Capcom vs. SNK games, she is voiced by different Japanese voice actresses respectively instead of being voiced by English voice actress.