"No-one's dying on my watch."
—Chris's pre-match quote
Chris' moveset consists of using a variety of weapons, including, but not limited to: Magnums, Flamethrowers, Shotguns, and Rocket Launchers, making him a very versatile keep-away character. His close-combat lacks range, but is compensated by power. He also can special cancel many of his moves.
With his heavy arsenal of firearms and explosives, Chris plays well as a keep-away character. His dependable sub-machine gun can keep characters at a distance, while the shotgun stuns the opponent in addition to inflicting damage, leaving them vulnerable to combos. In particular, it is easy to perform the Grenade Launcher Hyper Combo off of his sub-machine gun attack. Chris' mines can serve as traps to catch brash rushdown characters off guard, as can his incendiary grenades. One main weakness of Chris is his lack of anti-air attacks. He has a hard time defending against opponents who focus on overhead aerial assault, so characters with anti-air assists are highly recommended.
|α||Combination Punch||Direct||Front||Sweep Combo|
|β||Gun Fire||Shot||Front||Grenade Launcher|
|γ||Grenade Toss||Shot||Tilt Down||Grenade Launcher|
|Air Low Shot||+|
|>Body Blow||during Combination Punch L|
|>>Heavy Blow||during Body Blow|
|>>>Payoff||during Heavy Blow|
|>Magnum Combo||during Combination Punch M|
|>Prone Shot||during Prone Position|
|Satellite Laser (Level 3)||++ (can be aimed & directed)|
Changes in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Can act immediately after a dash.
- Increased float of cr.H.
- Decreased startup of j.S and increased active frames.
- Normal gun moves, Low Shot, cr.H, Air Low Shot can be empty canceled.
- Minimum damage scaling on special attacks has been increased.
- Increased active frames of Shot Gun.
- Decreased damage of Shot Gun.
- Decreased untechable time of first hit of Combination Punch H.
- Decreased gap of Prone Shot.
- Machinegun portion of Sweep Combo can OTG.
Chris' theme song is a remix of Majini V.
- Gimme a sitrep! (intro)
- Let's get this mission started. (intro)
- No one's dying on my watch. (intro)
- I'll be damned before I lose another partner. (match win)
- Mission accomplished. All right, let's roll out. (match win)
- What's the point of all this fighting? (match win)
- Compared to fighting zombies and B.O.W.s, this was like a vacation.
- Good work, team! Let's head on home.
- I'll root out bioterrorists wherever they may hide!
- I'm not going to lose any more teammates. I will protect them.
- The BSAA was formed so that scum like you would never threaten the innocent!
- You know why you guys lost? It's because you lack the teamwork that we have.
|Chris' ending starts with Daredevil, in his Matt Murdock alter-ego, prosecuting Wesker for the Raccoon City Incident of 1998. Before Wesker can set himself free, Chris jumps in to stop him.
Matt Murdock: ...and furthermore, I will present incontrovertible evidence of the defendant's involvement with the Raccoon City Incident of 1998.
Albert Wesker: Ah, yes. The Umbrella Mansion. I got quite carried away with that little... experiment.
Bailiff: Shut your mouth, or I'll shut it for you! You're going away for a long, long time. You're done, you hear me?
Albert Wesker: Oh, on the contrary, I'm just about to get started.
Bailiff: ...!? Gaya!
Chris Redfield: No, it really is the end of the line. Those restraints are made to hold you tight, and I'm here to keep you in line. Try anything funny and you'll find yourself pinned to the floor.
Albert Wesker: Hmph. Still a boy scout, Chris... And still a thorn in my side...
Chris Redfield: Sorry for the disturbance, Your Honor. Mr. Murdock, please continue with your deposition.