Dreams, don't die!Cyclops's victory quote
Cyclops debuted in X-Men: Children of the Atom and is playable in X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes. He is an assist character in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
Cyclops has the ability to emit scarlet beams of energy from his eyes, known as "optic blasts". He constantly absorbs ambient energy, such as sunlight, and uses it to power his optic blasts. Due to a head injury received as a child, he cannot shut off his power and thus must constantly wear a ruby-quartz lens on his visor or sun-glasses.
Cyclops, as the long-time field leader of the X-Men, is a master tactician and strategist, as well as an expert pilot. He is also an expert martial artist, holding black belts in Judo and Aikido.
Magneto tries to persuade Cyclops to join him in his conquest of mankind. Cyclops refuses and is attacked by Magneto. He escapes with the other X-Men as Avalon collapses. Cyclops ponders about Magneto's purpose and whereabouts, saying that he always returns. At the X-Men headquarters, he is greeted by Jean Grey. Colossus later brings news that Omega Red has been spotted. Cyclops leaves along with the other X-Men.
After the destruction of Apocalypse's base, Cyclops felt that he understands the way humans and mutants need to live peacefully. He thanks Ryu and bids farewell to the Street Fighters. He leads the X-Men to fight for peace once more.
After fighting together again, Cyclops thanks Ryu saying that they make a good team. He says that in the future they may work together again.
Come and get me!Spoken before battle.
Special Attacks Edit
- Optic Blast: Shoots out a VERY fast beam from Cyclops' eyes. The Hard Punch version angles upwards to catch characters who jump in, while Light Punch is done from a crouching position. When done in the air, the Optic Blast shoots straight across the screen regardless of the button you use. In X-Men: Children of the Atom, X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, his Medium Punch version fires in a standing position with his backside pose.
- The LP Optic Blast is Cyclops' assist attack in Marvel vs. Capcom. The Optic Blast is fast, hits up to three times and can cancel projectiles, but it has low damage output. It can be used a total of seven times.
- Optic Sweep: Cyclops shoots out a beam aimed at the ground, but this can be blocked either high or low.
- Beam Throw: Grabs your enemy and shoots them into the air propelled by a beam from Cyclops' eyes. As they're coming down you can jump up to Air Combo your opponent.
- Gene Splice: Essentially a Dragon Punch, but mashing the punch buttons will juggle the other fighter for more hits and damage.
- Cyclone Kick: A Tatsumaki Senpukyaku-like move. It makes you do a quick hop kick and then spin around for a sweep attack, but both hits can still be blocked high.
- Raising Neck Breaker Drop: This is a command grab that's unblockable. Cyclops winds up and then starts running at the other player — if he's hit at any point during this time the move will not come out. If he connects though he'll tackle his enemy and slam them into the ground. There's a decided delay when Cyclops is doing his wind up, so you really have to catch your opponent off guard to hit with this, so you won't be able to use it all of the time, but it's still handy against someone who's being overly defensive. The range on this is roughly the same as the Rapid Punch, you need to be a couple steps in from full-screen's distance.
- Rapid Punch: Executing this makes you lunge forward and attack your enemy with a couple of punches. You need to mash on the Punch or Kick buttons to get additional hits. This won't connect from a full-screen's distance, but if you take a couple of steps closer it should connect.
Assist Attacks Edit
|α||Projectile||Optic Blast||Optic Blast||Mega Optic Blast|
|β||Anti-Air||Gene Splice||Gene Splice||Mega Optic Blast|
|γ||Expansion||Cyclone Kick||Cyclone Kick||Mega Optic Blast|
Hyper Combos Edit
- Mega Optic Blast (Level 1): Blasts a huge beam at the opponent, covering a good amount of area. More damage can be added by mashing the attack buttons. Can be done in the air.
- Super Optic Blast (Level 1): Similar to his Mega Optic Blast, except the beam is much narrower and the trajectory of the beam can be controlled by moving the control stick/pad. This beam can be bounced off of the floor. More damage can be added mashing the attack buttons. Can be done in the air.
Tag Partner Edit
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Superheroes Vs. Street Fighter