Dhalsim is a character from the Street Fighter series by Capcom. Hailing from India, he is a mystic skilled in the art of Yoga and can manipulate fire with his breath. His Yoga training also allows him to extend his limbs to extreme and unnatural lengths.
Dhalsim is often depicted as having pupil-less eyes. His build is that of a normal man who exercises and weight trains regularly except for his abdomen and waist which appear much out of proportion and emaciated. He wears torn saffron shorts as his only clothing attire as well as saffron wristbands and anklebands. He has three colored stripes adorning his head, and in the Street Fighter Alpha series, he wears a turban that he removes before battle. The skulls he wears around his neck are those of village children that died during a plague. In palette swap renditions of Dhalsim, his skin is often dark blue or other unnatural colors. He is the oldest of the original World Warriors.
Dhalsim is deep in meditation then opens his eyes and realizes that he is dreaming. At the dinner table, he is eating Indian curry with his wife and child. He tries to tell her about his dream but is silenced for the food will get cold.
Dhalsim is the original long-range fighter of fighting games. Dhalsim's intense training has given him the ability to contort and extend his limbs into forms physically impossible in real life; he can project his arms and legs outward in order to deliver attacks that would be out of the range of normal limbs. Dhalsim's fighting style involves keeping the opponent at bay with distance attacks and projectiles, and optimally, only getting close to strike with a surprise aerial attack or sliding kick. Due to his reach advantage, Dhalsim has both very low offense and defense, making it vital for him to avoid sustaining too many blows from a strong fighter. Dhalsim's sprite, while standing, is actually quite a small target, due to the total number of pixels Dhalsim's sprite occupies while not attacking. Dhalsim becomes a much larger target while attacking. As of Super Street Fighter II Turbo, the player can make Dhalsim do only short range attacks by holding back on the joystick.
Special Attacks Edit
- Yoga Fire - Dhalsim shoots a fireball from his mouth. The button pressed determines the speed of the projectile, with Hard Punch being faster.
- Yoga Flame - Dhalsim breathes a huge flame out of his mouth.The Hard Punch version juggles the opponent multiple times.
- Yoga Blast - Basically the same thing as a Yoga Flame, except arced diagonally up-right to catch people who are jumping. The Hard Kick version also stays out for a lot longer than the Light Yoga Blast.
- Yoga Smash - This motion overlaps with the Yoga Flame, but it's an unblockable command grab. You have to be pretty close to pull it off, or you'll just do a Yoga Flame instead. Still, pretty handy since it cannot be blocked.
- Yoga Teleport - Dhalsim can teleport forward or backward, and while in the air.
- Yoga Floating - Initiates a flight for a extended period of time. Can still do aerial attacks.
|α||Projectile||Yoga Fire||Yoga Fire||Yoga Inferno|
|β||Ground||Yoga Flame||Yoga Flame||Yoga Inferno|
|γ||Anti-Air||Yoga Blast||Yoga Blast||Yoga Inferno|
Hyper Combos Edit
- Yoga Inferno - Dhalsim breaths a large stream of fire from his mouth that can be aimed up or down with the joystick.
- Yoga Strike - Dhalsim's anti-air Hyper move. He leaps slowly into the air and if he catches an airborne fighter, he'll flip them into the ground taking off a healthy chunk of life.
Tag Partner Edit
- X-Men vs. Street Fighter
- Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter