One does not require the Eye of Agamotto to see this outcome.Spoken before a match.
Doctor Strange, real name Stephen Strange, is the main character of the Strange Tales series by Marvel Comics. He was a brilliant but arrogant surgeon before surviving a car accident that severely damaged his hands. He trained under the Ancient One and used his mastery of the mystic arts to protect the Earth.
Dr. Strange is a very distinguished-looking man. He has black hair, that is graying at the sides, and a mustache. His odd looking ensemble is chosen very deliberately, as each article of clothing serves a magical purpose. For example, his cape, the Cloak of Levitation, allows him to fly, and his medallion, the Eye of Agamotto, is one of the most powerful magical artifacts in existence.
Dr. Strange is kind, and always willing to help others in need, especially if their problem is mystical in nature. He can sometimes become wrapped up in his work, but this may be for the best, as his work is sometimes more important than what other heroes need him for. Dr. Strange is very accepting and patient, as seen when he created the Defenders, a team of loners that included Hulk, Namor, and the Silver Surfer. Hulk and Namor usually bickered, but Dr. Strange tolerated it to work for the greater good.
Dr. Strange possesses many powers and abilities, though not all may be seen in-game. They include:
- Knowledge over most things magical
- Various transformation spells
- Dimensional travel
- Possesses the Eye of Agamotto, which holds powerful magic
- Cloak of Levitation allows for flight
- His sash can be extended over ten times its length
- Possesses a crystal ball, the Orb of Agamotto, to view other dimensions
- Possesses the Wand of Watoomb, which amplifies magical powers
- Possesses the Book of the Vishanti, which shows the universe's most secret and powerful spells
- Surgical knowledge from life as a surgeon
- Martial arts training as part of his mystical studies
Doctor Strange holds a meeting in his Sanctum Sanctorum with magic-users from both the Marvel and Capcom universes to discuss how to prevent another Galactus-type incident. Seated at the table are Doctor Druid, Brother Voodoo, Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, Donovan Baine, Tessa, Gar, Gambit and others.
Doctor Strange is a large, slow character, but has many specials and features that help him move around the screen. He can normal cancel his wave dash, and has multiple tracking teleports. Doctor Strange's main strength is his zoning versatility, and all of his Hyper attacks have very good range.
Theme songs Edit
- Doctor Strange's line after defeating a female character "I've heard the Doctor Strangelove jokes. I'm not amused." is a reference to the black comedy Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
- Mystic Sword (an energy blade which can be summoned/dispersed at will) is another nod to the Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme animated film.
- If called in as the third person in a team Hyper Combo string, he shouts "Defenders forever!" He also has special dialogue with the Hulk that makes reference to their shared history in The Defenders and the events of Planet Hulk.
- Dr. Strange appears in Hsien-Ko's ending in the original Marvel vs. Capcom 3, where he frees the sisters of their bond and resurrects their mother. However, this ending is all made up by Hsien-Ko in a comic book that she drew. This ending was removed from Ultimate due to him being included.
- Dr. Strange was also mentioned in the original MvC3 by Shuma-Gorath after defeating Dormammu or Mike Haggar.
- Doctor Strange has two unique taunts. His first one is him simply making a gesture. However, if he's up against a female then he pulls out a rose and tosses it.