Kneel before Galactus!
Said before battle
Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds, once known as Galan, is a character from the Fantastic Four series, and Silver Surfer solo series by Marvel. He is an incarnation of the Multiverse, having near limitless godlike powers that came from the planets he has comsumed.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Galactus possesses the immeasurable Power Cosmic and is one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe, he has even been referred to as "the most powerful creature in the universe." As such, Galactus is able to employ the limitless cosmic energy within him to produce virtually any effect he desires.
Story[edit | edit source]
Soon, they made contact with the Capcom Universe, and joined forces with Wesker in order to unite both "Earths" into one. Galactus took notice and, in his mind, sees no other alternative but to destroy the world to prevent the catastrophe. The heroes and villains now must team up to defeat this new larger threat, or else lose everything.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Galactus is the final boss in the game, occurring in Stage 7.
Should the player's team be defeated, the words "Earth K.O.,", in which the announcer would say "Global Destruction! K.O.!", followed by "You Lose," are shown, signifying that the player has doomed both the Marvel and Capcom worlds to destruction. After the player's team is defeated, an animation shows Galactus standing before a burning Earth, before making it explode. However, if the player's team triumphs over Galactus, the words "You Saved The Earth!", followed by "You Win", show up instead, with Galactus falling off the stage's crater and fleeing in defeat, thus saving both the Capcom and Marvel worlds, followed by a fighter's victory animation for delivering the final blow, along with the ending of that particular fighter. In both MVC3 and UMVC3, after losing to Galactus and choosing not to continue, his ending will play after the Game Over screen.
Theme Song[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In both Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, to obtain his ending, you must lose the boss fight and not continue after the timer reaches 0. In Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, clearing Galactus Mode is another way to unlock his ending showing the destruction of both Marvel and Capcom worlds. Galactus is the only non-unlockable end boss in the series who has his own ending.
- Prior to the implementation of Galactus Mode, hacks involving altering game save states allowed for a quicksave roster to pick Galactus as a normal fighter with two other characters. This resulted in lopsided online matches resulting in matches with Galactus as a character in a team of 3, and not a boss, while retaining all boss moves.
- Galactus fills a similar role in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as Apocalypse did in X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Onslaught in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes. Both are difficult, but slow bosses and both grow to a giant size when battling.
- The above-listed victory quotes do not appear normally in the game, since Galactus does not have a victory screen like the other characters; they can, however, be found in the game's disc as leftovers.
- One of them (the fifth one) is lifted straight from Galactus' first appearance, when he is revealed in the final panel of Fantastic Four #48.
- In the extended version of the diorama cinematic created for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Galactus is paired against Magneto.
- Galactus' quote "If you can be a god... then what shall we call Galactus?" is based on a similar phrase he said while fighting Thor in the comic books.
- Capcom originally wanted to use Galactus as the final boss from Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes, but Marvel didn't agree with it due to Galactus being almighty and unbeatable. While planning which character should be the final boss in his place, suggestions included Loki and Fin Fang Foom before they settled with Onslaught.
- Datamining of the game reveals several unused voice samples of Galactus, including a proper K.O. defeat scream, and hints that there were much more unrealized plans for Galactus as a character.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Marvel vs. Capcom Secret Web Page (archive)