Ha, yeah! Nǐ hǎo!Hsien-Ko
Hsien-Ko, known as Lei-Lei in Japan, is a character from the Capcom. Together with her sister , they turned themselves into a Jiangshi and a talisman, respectively, so that their mother's soul will pass on and be freed from the darkness.by
Hsien-ko's ending involves her picturing a comic where her and her sister Mei Ling are revived by Doctor Strange.
Her ending involves her and Mei-Ling fighting alongside Thor against a group of demons like Orochi from Okami, Jedah from Darkstalkers and Ravange from Red Earth; before fighting, the sisters discuss of who deserves to ask a date with Thor.
- One of the items Hsien-Ko throws using her Ankihou special move is the Yashichi, an item that appeared in many early Capcom arcade games.
- In her Ultimate intro, she may drop either a Steel Samurai or Rathalos figure.
- Originally Hsien- Ko was on the "deconfirmed" list, as an interview with Nitsuma claimed that there would be no more Darkstalkers characters (when in fact this was an error on the translator, as he was only deconfirming werewolf Jon Talbain in the original lineup of MvC3), causing her appearance to shock players who had seen the mistranslation.
- There's an achievement/trophy, appropriately titled "Darkstalkers", for which the description states that one must "make a team composed of those who dwell in the darkness, and win a match" in the Arcade, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. A similar achievement/trophy appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 where "one must complete a Darkstalkers themed team". This started the speculation that Hsien-Ko would appear in the game as the third and final Darkstalkers character (though she was not in that game).
- She was confirmed alongside Sentinel. Hsien-Ko and Sentinel have a magic vs. technology rivalry. They both have a mastery of their hidden weapon systems with their respective abilities; Hsien-Ko conceals an arsenal of traditional weaponry in the sleeves of her outfit using her abilities as a Darkstalker, whereas Sentinel has it's arsenal of modern weaponry hidden in its body.
- During her winning pose she's seen juggling some weapons, just like in the Darkstalkers games.
- She is one of four unlockable characters in the game, along with Sentinel, Akuma and Taskmaster. She requires 6.000 player points, making her the other unlockable Capcom character and the third unlockable character after Sentinel.
- Of all the claw using characters in this game (i.e. Wolverine, Felicia, X-23) , Hsien-Ko's is the only one whose claws are not a part of her body and are in fact just giant bladed gauntlets.
- In the Japanese version of the game, even with English audio on, partners call her out as Lei-Lei. This also applies to Akuma/Gouki or any other Capcom character with regional-exclusive names. In the English version of the game, if the language is set to Japanese on any of the Capcom characters, they do not call her by her Japanese name when she is tagged in.
- One of her original winquotes is lifted directly from her first appearance in 1995's Night Warriors: "May you have a pleasant journey through the Nine Courts of Judgement!" Notably, in that game, she was much more formal due to being the original incarnation; all of Hsien-ko's subsequent appearances are based on her character in Vampire Savior, which portray her modern-day incarnation.
- One of Hsien-Ko's win quotes mentions Lord Raptor; her hatred of him in Namco X Capcom has been carried over to this game.
- During Strider Hiryu's reveal trailer, one can see a figurine of the Steel Samurai (a fictional character from the Ace Attorney series) fall out of one of her sleeves. It might be one of the new items she will be able to throw using her Anki Hou attack. And during Rocket Raccoon's Reveal trailer, Hsien-Ko is able to throw a Felyne Doll from the Monster Hunter series, more specifically, MH Diary: Poka Poka Felyne Village. She can also throw a Well Done Steak which will make the announcer exclaim "Looks Tasty!"
- Hsien-Ko can be seen doing Chun-Li's "Jumping for joy" pose from Street Fighter II in the winning screen and during the credits of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
- Capcom Database:
- Wikipedia: Hsien-Ko