Iceman, real name Robert Louis "Bobby" Drake for short, is a character from the X-Men series by Marvel. He is a mutant who can manipulate ice and cold by freezing water vapor around him, allowing him to freeze objects, as well as turn his body into ice.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Powers[edit | edit source]
Robert "Bobby" Louis Drake, aka Iceman, is a mutant with the ability to lower both his external and internal body temperature, thereby radiating intense cold from his body. He is capable of lowering the temperature to -105 degrees Farenheit, although he was able to reach absolute zero when Human Torch drew all of the ambient heat away from him.
His most commonly known ability is the power to create unusually hard ice constructs, such as slides, shields, ladders, bats, etc. He is able to alter the appearance of his ice form, reconstruct any part of himself that has been shattered, and enhance his strength and durability, all by using the water molecules in the air. Like Colossus, Bobby can switch between ice and human form at will.
Finally, he has the ability to travel through bodies of water by merging his molecules with the water.
Story[edit | edit source]
After Magneto's defeat, Iceman escapes with the other X-Men as Avalon collapses. In the spaceship, he ponders about Magneto's survival. He also says that he'll wait about it on the beach. On the beach, he creates an ice sculpture for the women and children. The sculptures are different each time, and can vary from villains to women.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Special Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Ice Beam: Iceman quickly shoots out a beam of ice that hits multiple times.. It can also be done in the air. Light Punch travels straight across the screen, regardless of if you jump or not. A Hard Punch Ice Beam when you're on the ground is shot at a diagonally up-towards angle to knock jumpers out of the air. Hard Punch Ice Beams while jumping are arced diagonally down-towards.
- Avalanche: Iceman creates a big ice ball at mid-screen that drops it from the ceiling. Light Kick makes it fly straight down, Hard Kick travels diagonally down-towards. Can also be done in the air.
- Ice Club: Iceman creates an ice boulder on his fist into, which makes all of his regular punch attacks do more damage. The boulder will break after three hits, regardless of if they hit or are blocked.
Assist Attack (MvC)[edit | edit source]
- Avalanche: An enhanced version of his original special attack, Iceman comes into the screen and summons a rain of frozen rocks around him. The attack works as a weaker and shorter version of Hulk's Gamma Quake (and in fact uses the same rock sprites, only recolored icy blue), covering a good area of the screen and doing fair damage. It can be used a total of four times.
Assist Attacks (MvC2)[edit | edit source]
|α||Projectile||Ice Beam||Ice Beam||Arctic Attack|
|γ||Balance||Ice Beam||Avalanche||Arctic Attack|
Hyper Combo[edit | edit source]
- Arctic Attack: Iceman shoots out a multiple ice pellets at the opponent from his chest. The travel of the pellets will fan out. Thus making this move less useful the farther it travels. (Can do this in the air)
Theme Song[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cyclops' ending of X-Men: Children of the Atoms is among of medias foreshadowing Iceman's sexuality prior to the confirmation in 2015's 616 comic series.