What part of "Invincible Iron Man" didn't you understand?Iron Man's victory quote.
Iron Man, real name Anthony Edward "Tony" Stark, is a superhero from the Marvel Comics. He is a genius inventor and CEO of Stark Industries. He built an advanced armored suit, capable of firing photon blasts and serving as his heart replacement.
Tony Stark is a tall man, with black hair and a goatee. His Modular Armor is a clunky, red, and gold armor with a glowing pentagon in the center of the chest. The new Extremis armor is much more sleek, but shares the same basic design. The most notable appearance is that his chest crystal is now triangular instead of circular.
Iron Man is a noble hero that will do anything if he believes it will help people, which is why he went along with the Superhuman Registration Act. However, he has also been portrayed as a somewhat selfish womanizer. In the past, he has struggled with alcohol; a struggle that almost ruined his life. He has successfully not drank a sip of alcohol since his victory over his problem.
Tony is a friendly man, and is very generous. Because of his high economic status, he often offers job positions to his fellow heroes. Much like his friend, Steve Rogers, Iron Man can be very stubborn when supporting something, such as in the case of the superhero Civil War.
Other than Tony Stark's genius level intellect, his physical capabilities are similar to those of an average human. All of his powers come from his many variants of Iron Man armor, which all have some common abilities such as:
- Jet-propelled flight
- Repulsor force beams
- Unibeam from chest
- Extreme durability
- Super strength
Notably, being infected with a relatively benign form of the Extremis virus allows him to quickly don his Extremis armor at will via skin secretion. In addition, this virus has greatly enhanced Stark's reflexes and has given him the ability to neurally interface with and manipulate many forms of technology from great distances, even when not wearing his armor.
After Thanos's defeat, Iron Man was tempted and eventually succumbed to the power of the Infinity Gems. He healed his nervous system. He tells Captain America that he isn't as strong as he thinks he is. To which, the soldier replies that he is human.
Iron Man's Avengers Tower is one of the central places of rendezvous between the heroes (and the place of communications with Dr. Light) and is also the place where Thanos is being held captive after being taken away from A.I.M.BRELLA. Conflict between the heroes rise after they can't seem to agree on trusting Thanos, forcing a Civil War-esque dispute between Iron Man (with Chun-Li), who thinks it's too risky to trust Thanos, and Captain America (with Dante), who thinks that trusting him is the only option left.
After destroying the Symbiote with the aid of X & Zero, the Time Stone reveals to Iron Man a flashback that exposes to Iron Man that Thanos was merely used and played by Death to aid her with Jedah's plan. He keeps this to himself, until he fumbles this to Thanos, thinking that he knew. This utterly angers Thanos and he engages with Iron Man and Frank West in a fight, intending to take the stone away from them to find out for himself. He ultimately does find out that it's true, angering him even more. Thanos takes down Gamora and steals the Satsui no Hado from Ryu, however, he does keep his end of the bargain and finishes the device and leaves Iron Man and Gamora the Time Stone, seeing as he has no use of it. Iron Man then leaves with Doctor Strange with the weapon to finish Ultron Sigma.
Witnessing Ultron Omega being weakened by Dante, Thor, Captain Marvel and X, Iron Man summons the Infinity Buster and gives it to X. With the aid of Doctor Strange & Morrigan, Iron Man's Infinity Buster was able to be fired by X into Ultron Omega, finally destroying the monstrous dictator. Iron Man is seen with the other heroes leaving Xgard, contemplating on what to do on rebuilding the newly forged universe between Marvel and Capcom.
Iron Man is a jack-of-all-trades character suitable for beginners, able to operate with both keep-away and rushdown strategies with reasonable effectiveness. He is reasonably fast and agile, and possesses a modest amount of health. However, his leaning curve is high due to lack of defensive escape options, lack of grounded mixups outside zoning, easy-punishable attacks and difficult combo executions. Learning to use Iron Man well usually needs to take time.
- Iron Man was originally going to be in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, but they couldn't get him due to license issues. Acclaim were making an Iron Man game for the SEGA Saturn and Playstation (Iron Man/X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal, a crossover with the eponymous Valiant Comics character that was released in 1996), so that might have prevented Capcom from being able to use him.
- A year later, Capcom wanted to use Iron Man in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes, but are told they can't again due to license issues. However, they found out they were fine to use a similar character that resembled Iron Man, War Machine so they put him in instead. His time in a Capcom crossover finally came in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, this time standing alongside War Machine.
- Because of the license complications and Capcom's desire to use Iron Man in the Versus series, but ending up with War Machine instead, War Machine's sprites are a palate swap of Iron Man, with the exception of specific attacks and animations uniquely created.
- On beating Captain America, he says "It's like Civil War all over again."
- This is a reference about the Civil War in the comics and in Captain America: Civil War, where both heroes faced off from differing beliefs.
- On beating Doctor Doom, he says "Don't think I forgot about what happened in Camelot." This references the infamous Doomquest mini-story, in which Doom and Iron Man were trapped in the Middle Ages. This also explains Arthur's intro for both of them; specifically, Arthur recognizes them as knights.
- He says Hawkeye was "a two-bit punk when [they] first met" in their special intro, referring to Hawkeye's first appearance... as an Iron Man villain.
- Iron Man was one of the first six characters to be included in Marvel VS Capcom 3.
- When on a team with Thor and Captain America in MvC3, Tony will yell "Avengers Assemble!" referring to them being the core three of the Avengers team. In UMvC3, he will also say this if Hawkeye is part of the team.
- In one of his taunts Iron Man says "'Earth's Mightiest Heroes'...'nuff said". "'Nuff said" is the well known catch phrase of his co-creator, the late Stan Lee.
- Iron Man was shown alongside Morrigan, to match the theme of both craving constant attraction from members of the opposite sex. In Iron Man's case, he is a consummate ladies-man, making advances towards almost every female character in MvC3, with the only exception being Amaterasu.
- Iron Man's moves in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
- Iron Man's moves in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- Iron Man's moves in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3