M. Bison, known as Vega in Japan, is a character from the Street Fighter series by Capcom. He is one of the primary bosses and antagonist of the Street Fighter fighting game series. He is a dictator and a megalomaniac, seeking to dominate the world through his crime organization Shadaloo.
His general attire consists of a red military uniform with large silver shoulder plates, wrist bands, and shin guards; on his cap is the skull insignia of his crime syndicate known as Shadaloo (sometimes referred to as Shadowlaw or Shadowloo). Bison's eyes lack both pupils and irises (exception in Street Fighter II), leaving them a ghastly white color. He sports a dark colored cape in the Alpha series, in which he appears with his original body. In Street Fighter II and the Capcom vs SNK series, he appears with a much slimmer body, and removes his cape before battle.
After a long battle, M. Bison eventually overwhelmed Magneto in battle. He conquers the world and plans to conquer the universe.
M. Bison is a "charge character" in that, his special moves require that you hold in directions for a couple seconds before pulling a move off. One of his special moves is the "Psycho Crusher" which sends him flying in the direction of his opponent with a damaging spin. The "Scissors Kick" allows him to do a forward flip which will knock the opponent away. With the "Head Stomp", Bison jumps into the air and homes into the opponent, bouncing off their heads in which he can follow up and smack them with his own hands.
In the Alpha series, he gained new moves such as the "Psycho Shot" which was his very own projectile and a couple abilities which allowed him to teleport and hover in the air.
His Super Attacks contain a more powerful version of the Psycho Crusher (In Alpha 3, it is his most powerful attack taking up the whole screen when used) and the Knee Press Nightmare, which is a more varied version of the Scissors Kick.
Special Attacks Edit
- Psycho Shot- Bison winds up and tosses out a fireball that curves. Light Punch starts out high and then quickly curves down. Hard Punch starts out low and then curves up, which will sail over most character's heads from full-screen's distance.
- Psycho Field - Bison charges up a ball in your hands that travels forward and then rapidly expands to 3 huge circles, which are fairly difficult to avoid. Light Punch travels forward to about sweep distance before expanding, Hard Punch goes a bit further than 3/4th's of the screen. Until the ball gets bigger, it won't actually hit your opponent, it will simply pass through them. Unfortunately you cannot use the Hard Punch ball to cross up your enemy.
- Knee Press - Also known as the Scissors Kick, Bison performs a forward somersault with his legs outstretched, kicking the opponent up to twice. The distance and speed at which it travels depends on the strength of the kick. When properly spaced to do only one hit, they can be quite safe and useful in pin down strategies. They also are quite useful for scoring knockdowns if opponent tries to counter standing kicks or do low attacks.
- Head Stomp - Bison leaps into the air and lands perfectly on his opponent's head, in a standing position with his arms folded. He then almost immediately backflips off again, and can optionally be followed up with a Skull Diver by pressing punch some time after jumping off the opponent's head, but before he lands.
- Skull Diver - When this move is performed, Bison will angle himself forward as he descends and, if timed and aimed correctly, strike the opponent with a Psycho Power-infused fist. The timing window and hit box for this second attack can be quite strict depending on the game version, but it can take an opponent - expecting Bison to rebound far away after the Head Stomp- completely off guard.
- Devil Reverse - Executed by charging down and then pressing up and punch, Bison leaps into the air and towards the opponent. If no further input is made, Bison simply lands in front of his opponent; if, however, punch is pressed while in mid-air, he performs the "reverse": suddenly changing direction in mid-air, flipping upside-down and throwing a Psycho Power-infused punch toward the opponent while descending.
- Warp - Bison's teleport move, Bison will disappear and 4 Bisons will appear around of the opponent, one of which is the real Bison, depending on which button is used.
|α||Projectile||Psycho Shot||Psycho Shot||Psycho Crusher|
|β||Variable||Psycho Field||Psycho Field||Psycho Crusher|
|γ||Expansion||Knee Press||Knee Press||Knee Press Nightmare|
Hyper Combos Edit
- Psycho Crusher: Bison's signature attack that is in all of his appearances, M. Bison charges his right hand with Psycho Power, then surrounds himself with Psycho Energy while flying spinning towards his opponents.
- Knee Press Nightmare: Bison does a fake Teleport which leaves two M. Bisons on the screen, and both Bisons hit their opponent with two Scissor Kicks followed by a slide kick. This can be pretty tricky for players who are expecting you to do a Teleport as the animation looks very similar to that move.
- Psycho Explosion: A Hyper version of Bison's Psycho Field, he throws a powerful Psycho Powered ball forward which explosed on impact, similar to Doom's Electric Cage. The ball will not expand unless it comes into contact with an enemy, so if the other player jumps it, nothing will happen.
Tag Partner Edit
- X-Men vs. Street Fighter
- Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter