Mega Man, known as Rockman in Japan, is the main character of the Mega Man series by Capcom. Created to be an assists to his creator Dr. Light, he was repurposed to battle the mad scientist Dr. Wily and his ever-growing army of robots and stop them from taking over the planet.
Mega Man can be considered a cross between a zoner and a close combat type of character. His many abilities will help out if you know how to use them well.
Special Moves Edit
- Mega Buster: Megaman's signature move. Just by pressing the hard punch button he shoots out a uncharged blue energy beam. Holding the hard punch will cause Mega Man to charge up. He can continue to charge until the button is let go. The charged version releases a powerful charged orange beam that hits opponent multiple times. Can be done in the air. It should be noted that the longer it is charged, the more hits it will do.
- Mega Uppercut: Mega Man does a powerful uppercut his opponent. Can be done in the air.
- Weapon Use: Mega Man activates the current weapon he has that he received from Eddie. The weapons originate from some of Mega Man's games.
- Rock Ball: Mega Man releases a soccer ball in front of him. By kicking it he makes the ball hit the opponent. It will ricochet off the wall until it dissapears. Originates from Mega Man 8, Megaman received it from Dr. Light in the intro stage.
- Tornado Hold: Mega Man shots a small fan down on the ground that creats a tornado. It hits 3 times and picks up the opponent off the ground. The distance it travels depends on the strength of the button pressed. Originates from Mega Man 8, and is obtained after defeating Tengu Man.
- Leaf Shield: Mega Man casts a shield of eight rotating leaves around him. The shield can withstand one hit before it dissipates if Mega Man isn't defending. The shield will also dissipate after a certain amount of time. By inputting the same command you can throw it forward to attack the opponent. If all the leaves connect, it hits 8 times. Can be thrown in the air. Originates from Mega Man 2, and is obtained after defeated Wood Man.
- Weapon Change: Mega Man summons Eddie to drop a item that contains a weapon. Depending on what direction and button is pressed he will get a different weapon. Default weapon at the start of a match is Tornado Hold.
|α||Projectile||Mega Buster||Mega Buster||Hyper Megaman|
|β||Anti-Air||Mega Uppercut||Mega Uppercut||Hyper Megaman|
|γ||Balance||Mega Buster||Mega Uppercut||Hyper Megaman|
Hyper Combos Edit
- Hyper Megaman (Level 1): By merging with Rush, Beat and Eddie he transforms to a larger version of himself. Then proceeds to attack with projectiles with images of his companions and a large beam. Very useful.
- Rush Drill (Level 1): Mega Man merges with Rush causing Rush to transform into a drill with Mega Man driving it. Then proceeds to attack the opponent. By pressing any attack button Mega Man will speed boost towards the opponent, dealing additional hits and damage. Megaman can jump in this form and is immune to any attack until the time runs out.
- Beat Plane (Level 1): Mega Man merges with Beat causing Beat to turn into a plane with Mega Man driving it. During this time Mega Man can navigate Beat anywhere. By pressing the punch buttons Beat shoots out energy balls toward the opponent. By pressing the kick buttons Beat drops bombs from below him. Unlike Rush Drill, Megaman is completely vulnerable to attacks while in this form.
Hidden Hyper Combo Edit
- Magnetic Shockwave (Level 1): In Mega Man's ending in MvC1, he defeats Onslaught and gets an item with a weapon on it. Mega Man grabs it and he teleports out of the area. Then, a "YOU GOT MAGNETIC SHOCKWAVE" message and Megaman using that power, in a true Mega Man fashion. In the PlayStation port of the game, Megaman can use Magnetic Shockwave as one of his Hyper Combos after beating the game with him and holding the SELECT buttom while choosing him. Mega Man creates a powerful orange shockwave that hits the opponent and travels trough the screen. Has some starting lag. Originally this is one of Magneto's hyper combos in his appearances as a playable character in the MvC games. Onslaught can use it, thus, Mega Man can after obtaining his power.
Theme Songs Edit
- Mega Man's ending in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes it's a throwback to the "Weapon Get" cutscene whenever you defeat a Robot Master in the Megaman games. Mega Man adopting Onslaught's color scheme, and the caption "You Got — Magnetic Shockwave" while Mega Man performs the aforementioned move. In the PlayStation version of the game, beating the game as him actually unlocks a version of Mega Man who can actually use the attack as a hyper move.
- Mega Man makes a cameo in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. In the mall stage, he is seen in the background of people, and on a poster is seen that says "Mega Man 10th Anniversary", due to being the 10th anniversary of the Mega Man series.