Nemesis to Chris & Jill
Profile[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Nemesis appears in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 in its first form. Its face is stitched together over one eye, with the other eye glowing yellow. Nemesis has no lips, showing exposed gums and teeth. Nemesis wears a large, black jacket that almost conceals the tentacles wrapped around its neck. Nemesis also has black gloves, pants, and boots.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Nemesis has no true personality, only its mission. Nemesis' main goal is to eliminate all S.T.A.R.S. members (including B.S.A.A. in some game like in Project X Zone 2). Nemesis seems capable of speech, albeit very limited speech, only shown saying "S.T.A.R.S." ("B.S.A.A." in Project X Zone 2). Nemesis is ruthless and will take down anything in its way. Nemesis, however, is still controlled by someone else, so its behavior could change with an updated goal.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
As one of the most powerful B.O.W.s encountered in the Resident Evil series, Nemesis possesses many powers and abilities:
- Super strength
- Extreme stamina, being almost indestructible
- Capable of understanding weaponry, using a FIM-92 Stinger missile launcher, modified specifically for him
- Covered in spear-like tentacles used for offense
- Mutations act as a weakness: abilities to take orders and understand situations gradually wear down
Story[edit | edit source]
Nemesis appears as a cameo in Hulk's ending. Hulk and Chris are in a mansion with numerous zombies trying to get to Wesker, and when Hulk asks what Nemesis is Chris tells him that it tried to kill his partner Jill, after this Hulk is shown attacking Nemesis.
Nemesis joins the Weapon X program. Ozwell E. Spencer lauds The Director on the upgrade, although The Director merely states that they're nothing more than "minor enhancements". Nemesis is then seen with adamantium claws on its hands.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Theme Songs[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its character theme is a remix of "Unstoppable Nemesis"; its last second form's boss theme in Resident Evil 3.
- Nemesis was one of the characters confirmed not to appear playable in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds due to being deemed "too gruesome", with risk of changing the game's rating. Capcom has since then worked on Nemesis' animations to make him work within a T rated game, followed by Jedah.
- Its rival appears to be Doctor Strange. Strange often fights against evil demons and abominations such as Nemesis, worthy of note however is the latter's status as a scientific abomination, creating a thematic clash of science and magic. Also notable is the similar blue lighting to both of their official portraits.
- Nemesis, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Firebrand, Frank West and Phoenix Wright are one the original MvC3 NPCs to be promoted as playables in Ultimate update.
- Its ultimate form and final mutation in Resident Evil 3 is featured in its Level 3 Hyper Combo; and as a result of its DLC costume, all three of Nemesis' forms from Resident Evil 3 appear in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
- Nemesis doesn't have a blocking animation (but it still blocks attacks normally). This is a reference to its unflinching body in Resident Evil 3, where no matter how many times Jill shot him, Nemesis won't flinch or stop from attacking her until he's down. In UMvC however, this is true as it won't flinch from light attacks but also has a block.
- In a sense, Nemesis breaks the fourth wall, as it stabs the "cameraman" with one of its tentacles at the end of its winning animation.
- It was once said that Nemesis would have the highest vitality in the game, but in the final cut it ties with She-Hulk for 5th place.
- In other Capcom crossover-related game, Project X Zone 2 since Jill and Chris are now B.S.A.A. agents, Nemesis' programming has been upgraded to now pursue and hunt B.S.A.A. members and their accomplishes. Despite this, it was never been applied to Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite onward involving B.S.A.A.