Psylocke is a character from the X-Men series by Marvel. She is a mutant who can psionically manipulate and control the physical aspects of reality, and can manifest her telepathic powers as "psychic blades".
Psylocke debuted in X-Men: Children of the Atom and has reappeared in Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes. She is also an assist character in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
After Magneto's defeat, Psylocke tries to persuade him to escape with her as Avalon collapses. Psylocke's offer was declined and she escapes with the other X-Men. She is later seen modelling for Capcom cameramen. Wolverine is seemingly thrown above her head unnoticed. Cyclops taunts Psylocke and is easily defeated.
After restoring the heroes, Psylocke leaves the gems behind. She returns to the ones she calls as family, the X-Men. She says that no one being can decide the fate of the universe.
Special Attacks Edit
- PSI Flash: Hard Punch sends a projectile straight across the screen, Light Punch arcs diagonally down-towards. This is a fairly large fireball, so it can be difficult to avoid.
- PSI Blade: Hitting the buttons in the order shown will generate the most number of hits and damage. This makes Psylocke float through the air and attack with her Psi all around her, which is good against jumping players, and sometimes even grounded ones. Either move can be performed in the air.
- Ninjutsu Teleport: Teleports you into a location chosen by the button you pressed. Punches always take you to the top of the screen, Light to the left, Hard to the right. This does not change even if you switch sides. Kicks always take you to the bottom. Again, Light to the left and Hard to the right. When you're coming out of your Teleport, pressing in any direction and one of your attack buttons will cause you to do a Psy-Drill, which knocks down if it connects.
Assist Attacks Edit
|α||Anti-Air||PSI Blade||PSI Blade||PSI-Maelstrom|
|β||Projectile||PSI Flash||PSI Flash||Kochou Gakure|
|γ||Balance||PSI Flash||PSI Blade||PSI Thrust|
Hyper Combos Edit
- PSI Thrust: Psylocke powers up and then does a drill attack, and this can be performed while jumping as well. You can hold the joystick in any direction as soon as the motion is complete, which allows you to control where this flies at. Also pressing an attack button and a direction on the joystick when she's almost done with the move will cause her to do it again, although it doesn't last as long as the first time.
- PSI-Maelstrom: Basically a Hyper version of the Psi-Blade. The closer you are the more damage this will potentially do, you want to be point blank to get the full effect. Also, mashing the attack buttons will generate more damage and hits.
- Kochou Gakure: Psylocke summons a bunch of psi-butterflies that fly around her in circles. Works well against jumping players because the butterflies have pretty solid range and if one hits several others will likely juggle your enemy. Still, you want to be as close to your opponent as possible when you do this so you'll generate the most damage.
- Ninjutsu: One of her X-Ability moves back in X-Men: Children of the Atom. She creates 4 clones of herself that can do more hits. The attack button pressed will determine where the real Psylocke is (where the light punch will go far left, middle punch for the middle and heavy punch for the far right). In Marvel Super Heroes, her move can be executed within the Power Gem(she can cast 2 clones but the real one is in the middle). It was later removed in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.