The Guardians of the Galaxy are nothing without me.Spoken upon victory
Rocket Raccoon, once known as Subject-89P13, is a character from the Marvel. He is the marksman, tactician, and weapons specialist of the Guardians of the Galaxy.series by
Since Rocket is a raccoon, he has sharpened senses and above average vision. Additionally, he shows great skills with all types of weaponry, though he prefers guns. He is also an very competent spaceship pilot. In order to fly, he is equipped with rocket skates. He is also quite a strategist, being capable of deal with different types of situations and enemies; accordingly to Starlord, "(he) got the best tactical mind I ever met".
Believing Raccoon City to be nice place of relaxation, Rocket already packed for vacation there. However, Rocket initially did not believe Chris's warning about the abandoned city he use to live is now a ground zero area filled with T-Virus zombies, until the former arrival there and discover that the BSAA agent was right all along, forcing him to fight off the hordes of zombies.
Rocket's gameplay is mainly focused on zoning. His traps can cause a lot of nuisance for his opponents as they must be careful where they tread. The Spitfire is a slow projectile which also acts like an obstacle, restricting the opponent's movement. Log Trap is also used as well as his c.H to keep his opponent at bay. Once the opponent makes a wrong move, Rocket Raccoon moves in quickly to punish his opponent. He excels against rushing characters and specially large characters (such as Hulk, Sentinel and Nemesis). His normal attacks are very fast, meaning he can hold off on his own in case said enemies get too close, but due to his low damage, however, Rocket is made not to kill but to annoy.
- Giving Rocket Raccoon a British Cockney accent is a reference to the fact that he was created as a Beatles reference (specifically, the song "Rocky Raccoon").
- Rocket Raccoon's level 3 "Rocky Raccoon" is a reference to the Beatles song of the same name. Rocket Raccoon was consciously inspired by the song, which included "Gideon's Bible" (in the comic book limited series it was a book that contained the sum of all knowledge on the "loony colony").
- His victory quote, "Never doubt a raccoon." is a direct quote from War of Kings which Rocket Raccoon said after knocking out Gladiator.
- Rocket Raccoon and Frank West were revealed on October 31st, Halloween. This was more so for Frank then it was for Rocket, as Frank's zombie-using attacks were fitting for Halloween, the 'scariest day of the year'. This also ends up becoming coincident that Rocket's ending in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 involves him fighting hordes of zombies.
- Rocket Raccoon's victory animation is he takes out an energy knife and grabs the top of the camera with the knife pointing at the screen during his win pose. He breaks the 4th wall through this win animation.
- The phrase "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" at the end of Rocket Racoon's level 3, is a reference to a quote in the film Apocolypse Now.
- Rocket Raccoon appears to have the fastest universal air combo/aerial rave finisher (due to it being a non-physical attack).
- Holding up while in mid-jump will cause Rocket Raccoon to spin his tail, a possible reference to Miles "Tails" Prower from the Sonic The Hedgehog series.
- Rocket Raccoon is literally the only one who flirts with Amaterasu, who is excluded from even Iron Man's females specific pre-match quote, which even includes the 14 year-old Tron. This is fairly ironic since, in the comics, Rocket frequently points out that he really dislikes dogs and is constantly at odds with his teammate Cosmo because of this.
- Rocket Raccoon's after-match win quote against Deadpool questions him calling Rocket a "reject from Bambi"; this is odd, as it was Nova who called him that (albeit he referred to Rocket as an extra, not a reject).
- Additionally, Rocket refers to Shuma-Gorath as "space calamari", but the latter questions Deadpool about the matter instead.