How could I lose? I have a bionic arm.
Spencer upon victory
Nathan "Rad" Spencer, known simply as Spencer, is the protagonist the Capcom. He was a member of the government armed forces before losing his left arm. He became the first subject of the latest bionic technology.by
Profile[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Spencer's main strength is in his ability to drag his opponent to him and vice versa. Utilizing his wire grapple is key to playing him, as many of his combos can be prolonged. His health is quite high, though not on par with bruisers such as Hulk or Thor. His general attacks are also highly damaging when chained together. However, his movement speed is slow and his assists are quite ineffective offensively and are better used as support.
Theme Song[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Whenever Spencer uses his bionic arm to grab enemies from afar, he shouts, "Get over here!", a reference to Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.
- His character theme is a remix of "Leap of Faith", the Stage 1 theme in the arcade Bionic Commando, though much better remembered as the Area 2, 9 and 11 music in the NES port.
- Spencer has some moves from the 2009 Bionic Commando, including the Reel-In and Zip Kick. He gets the "Death from Above" move in Ultimate. Also, his "Jaw Breaker" grab may be a nod to a fighting scene near the end of the 2009 game.
- Spencer will taunt Spider-Man saying he knows nothing about swinging if paired against him, a nod towards the original Bionic Commando's unique gameplay mechanic.
- Spencer's ending involves himself and She-Hulk going on a "date," but to She-Hulk, destruction, and fighting off evil doesn't exactly equal an actual date and requests a more peaceful one.
- There are times during gameplay where Spencer's bionic arm is on the right side of his body wherein all other instances of the character it is on his left side.
- Spencer has a win quote with him saying "Either you die a hero, or live long enough to see everyone turn on you." This is a possible reference to the film The Dark Knight and also probably a reference to his false conviction.
- Due to the tournament scene, Spencer's Bionic Lancer becomes a minor meme.
- Spencer was discovered for having a glitch with his Bionic Maneuvers Hyper, where when DHC'd from Haggar's Rapid Fire Fist (only on the rapid portion on an airborne opponent only) his foe would get stuck "out" of the hyper and into the ground. For a few seconds, the foe would then get launched out back to the neutral state. Though if a hit is landed on an incoming tagged character, they would instead get pummelled by the Hyper (via animations that involve getting hit by hit), only nothing is hitting them. This, like many glitches and infinites, was removed in the update patches, but could still work on Viewtiful Joe or Arthur.