There's far too much trash in the universe.Super Skrull's prematch quote
Super-Skrull, while not using any of his Fantastic four powers, has the appearance of an average Skrull. He has green skin, red eyes, pointy ears, and a rough, bumpy chin. He wears the uniform of any Skrull soldier, a purple body suit with the color black covering most of the upper body that extends to shoulder pads and what resembles underwear on the outside of his suit. It also involves a strange, hood-like attachment on the top of his head. He also wears black boots and gloves.
As a Skrull, he can alter his appearance at will, so his appearance is not constant. While using his Fantastic Four powers, it changes him as well. Mister Fantastic's power causes his appendages to stretch, extending his body. While accessing the powers of The Thing, any part of his body takes on an orange, rocky exterior. The Human Torch's powers simply light him ablaze without causing direct harm, while the Invisible Woman's powers can be used to render him invisible or project a force field.
Super-Skrull is extremely loyal to the crown of the Skrull Empire. He sees himself as a hero of his world, as do many Skrull citizens. Despite his faith for the crown, he has a sense of honor which sometimes leads him to side with the heroes of Earth, even against his own brethren. An example of this is when he solved a conflict between the Skrull and their enemies the Kree, who were fighting over possession of the half-Skrull, half-Kree Young Avenger Hulking. He shape-shifted into Hulking and said he will spend a year with each group and then make a decision, thus deceiving his own Empire. He also showed his more heroic side during the second Kree-Skrull War when he came to the defense of Zenn-La, homeworld of the Silver Surfer when it came under siege by the Kree.
- Shape-shifting, a commonplace Skrull power, that can change his appearance
- Stretching powers derived from Mister Fantastic, also allows him to stretch and contort his body to any shape he pleases
- Superhuman strength and durability derived from the Thing
- Invisibility and force-field creation derived from the Invisible Woman
- Fire manipulation, flight, and possible flame resistance derived from the Human Torch
- His abilities are more powerful than those of the FF. For example, he has the ability to use his fire powers in space, which the Human Torch cannot do as Torch requires space-based suit to breath there, and can revert back to normal state which Thing and his alternate universe version of himself (currently excluding his Ultimate universe counterpart) cannot do
- Ability to use any of the Fantastic Four powers together in any combination
- Hypnotic vision; limits unknown
- Trained in Skrull warfare tactics and fighting styles
Super-Skrull is making a speech in front of his fellow Skrulls about him having avenged his homeworld. He then calls to all other species to join the Skrull Empire to guarantee the safety of the universe.
Super-Skrull is a very powerful rushdown character who can easily punish other rushdown characters. Possessing a wide range in most attacks and specials, he can easily poke characters to keep them off balance. His moves are very versatile and have follow-ups, allowing him to inflict more damage. He, however, lacks projectiles, which makes him somewhat hard to use against defensive characters like Dr. Doom and Storm who can outzone him. However, moves like his Elastic Slam can be amazing for a considerate amount of resets, making him rather hard to stop once Skrull finds a way into his foe's defense. Coupled with this and his amazing OTG assets, Skrull can also combo off of any of his throws to extend his combos to great lengths.
Theme Song Edit
- In Comic-Con 2010, he was confirmed with Chun-Li, Doctor Doom, and Trish.
- When fighting Nova, Super-Skrull vows to see him "annihilated", a reference to, the Annihilation event.
- In one of the first videos that revealed Super Skrull, his level three hyper Death Penalty at that time was a level one.
- Before using his Inferno hyper in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super-Skrull mutters "He loves you..." This was a reference to the Secret Invasion, where the Skrulls invaded Earth and, referring to their Gods, the skrulls say this line to their victims before finishing them off. However this was replaced in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with a simple angry growl because Kl'rt was opposed to the invasion in the Secret Invasion event.
- Super-Skrull was put into the game to represent the Fantastic Four in a single character instead of having to take up four character spaces. Originally the Human Torch was set to be in the game but his character model caused memory space issues and Super-Skrull was suggested by Marvel as a replacement.
- Super-Skrull's win pose shows him stomping on the camera, causing the screen to crack. He is breaking the Fourth Wall in a literal sense.
- Super-Skrull is paired with Trish, most likely because Super-Skrull's powers are imitations of the Fantastic Four, whereas Trish was created in imitation of Dante's mother. Not only that, both characters also borrow powers from the protagonists of their series (Super-Skrull's aforementioned powers, and Trish wield the Sword of Sparda, Dante's father).
- Super Skrull burns the ground with each step he takes, in his walk animation.