Henshin-a-Go-Go, Baby!Joe's catchphrase.
Viewtiful Joe's ending have him as a detective with Captain Blue, but it turns out that they were actors in a show filmed by Mojo and Spiral, who are not happy due to Joe constantly ad-libbing, but they had to have Joe as that star as he is the one who defeated Galactus.
Viewtiful Joe is an outstanding offensive rushdown character, he also has a very small hit box which allows him to avoid some attacks that the bigger fighters cannot. Joe's primary drawback is that his moves do not have much range and thus like in TvC, Advancing Guards are one of his main weaknesses. He has slightly below average stamina and weak attack, but his outstanding aerial moves, quick movement speed and excellent projectile have made him a solid character. Sadly, Joe's moves are not as good on ground as they are in the air. Also, his Excellent Knuckle Punch command normal is a rather quick overhead, enabling Joe to pull off nasty mixups.
Theme Song Edit
- Viewtiful Joe's girlfriend, Sexy Silvia, appears in his Desperado Hyper Combo.
- When Joe is in his human form DLC costume, Silvia will also appear in her human form.
- His character theme is a remix of "Joe The Hero" from the first Viewtiful Joe. This was also his Tatsunoko vs. Capcom theme.
- The game's credit sequence shows Joe trying on outfits inspired by the Marvel superheroes.
- The Desperado Hyper Combo is similar to Iron Man's Proton Cannon Hyper Combo except that Desperado works as a single fire blast while Proton Cannon works as a beam and the obvious visual differences.
- In the second trailer, it seems that Joe shares a friendship with fellow Capcom character Amaterasu. Perhaps this is a homage to the fact both Joe and Amaterasu originate from games developed by Capcom's now shut-down Clover Studio, and more specifically, director Hideki Kamiya.
- Joe and Dante are shown to be really good friends, based on their dialogue. Dante was also created by Hideki Kamiya and has appeared in two of Joe's games as a playable character.
- Viewtiful Joe's Hyper Combo "Viewtiful God Hand" is most likely a reference to God Hand, which incidentally was also made by Clover Studios.
- Viewtiful Joe's Marvel rival in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds and its update is Dormammu, both he and Joe have similarly powerful fire-based attacks. Both fighters are also far stronger in their respective dimensions (Joe in Movieland, Dormammu in the Dark Dimension). Viewtiful Joe makes it his job to defeat any and all evildoers, while Dormammu doesn't hesitate to destroy anybody who opposes him.
- Another possible rival for Viewtiful Joe could be Spider-Man, both are superheroes with a red costume, they both also tend to make fun their opponents, both are also involved in a form of mass media (Joe with movies and Spidey with newspaper), also they share respective positions on the character selection screen.
- One of Viewtiful Joe's victory quotes is a Fourth Wall Break, as he says he "beat Marvel Vs. Capcom 3."
- Viewtiful Joe's personality is pretty much a fourth wall breaker, not only does he know Dante as a close friend seperated by their own games (Dante was a playable character in two of Joe's games), but he also seem to know that what he's in is a cross-over game, Viewtiful Joe knows the whole entire Marvel roster, because to him, they're just heroes and villains of the comic books he reads, same goes for Tatsunoko being his favorite anime heroes and villains.
- Regarding his friendship with Dante, both him and Joe share Anime Voice reprisals. Tomokazu Seki, like Toshiyuki Morikawa reprises their respective characters from their anime series.
- In addition to the fourth wall breaking, Joe being in his superhero form is a breaker for the whole game because he must be in Movie Land to get his powers, if not then he must be recorded on camera, making the "Cameraman" more obvious in battles.
- Joe's reveal Trailer shows that when an opponent has fallen to the floor after an air combo, he's able to use his Red Hot Kick move to OTG. This ability has been removed from the final version.
- Viewtiful Joe's 4th Wall breaking personality is a normal trait from his games, In Viewtiful Joe 2, he tends to speak outside the film to either his dad (who's managing the movies' progression), or to fix other peoples supposed lines, like telling Alastor that "That's the old script" and so on.