I... I am not a weapon!X-23
X-23, real name Laura Kinney is a character from the X-Men series by Marvel. She is a clone of Wolverine, having the same powers and fighting aptitude as part of an attempt to recreate the Weapon X experiment.
- As a clone of Wolverine, has his powers such as a regenerative healing factor and animal senses.
- Adamantium claws, just like Wolverine, except she has two on each hand and one on each foot.
- Since she escaped before her full adamantium bonding process began, only her claws are coated with metal and as a result, at times, her regenerative healing factor is faster than Wolverine's (as adamantium generates toxins in his body that slow it down).
X-23's gameplay is very similar to Wolverine's, with all of her special attacks are loosely based on Wolverine's special attacks, and one hyper combo based on Wolverine's level 3 hyper. She lacks some of his attack power, but compensates that with her superior agility and mobility. Her rushing specials allows to keep opponents off balance with lightning-fast and almost unpredictable attacks. Overall, her playstyle in particular invokes an assassin theme in stark contrast to Wolverine's equally brutal, albeit less subtle berserker fighting style.
Theme Song Edit
- X-23 was the first female Marvel character announced for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.
- In tone with Wolverine's Catch Phrase, she has a similar one saying "I'm the second best at what I do", however she will only say this upon encountering a villain other than the Sentinel or Nemesis.
- The locket she wears has pictures of her "mother" (Sarah Kinney, the scientist that gave birth to her) and of her "cousin" (Sarah's niece).
- She was confirmed during the Tokyo Game Show 2010, along with Albert Wesker, Spider-Man and Tron Bonne.
- In one special conversation, she refers to herself as "the second best at what she does", a reference to Wolverine being "the best at what he does (and what he does isn't very nice)".
- X-23's ending involves her having Galactus's unconscious body thrown into the dirt as she starts bragging to Wolverine, who asks her to get Galactus off of the lawn around the Xavier Institute.
- The game and strategy guide lists X-23's comic debut (NYX #3, Feb 2004). However, the character originally debuted in the animated series X-Men: Evolution during Season 3 in 2002. She appeares in episodes 41: X23, 46: Target X, and 52: Ascension Part 2. Only the official US website cites this source.
- X-23 is considered Tron Bonne's rival, because they are both young females with criminal backgrounds that have helped out as heroines. The difference being that X-23's crimes were against her will, and she has reformed, while Tron is a career criminal by choice.
- In addition to the above, the two share an opposite relation, X-23 is a creation while Tron is a creator/inventor.
- X-23's original artwork for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 resembles the pose she made in the Top Cow variant cover for issue #1 of the Target X comics.