Zangief is a character from the Capcom. He is a Russian professional wrestler whose fighting style is renowned for being powerful and close ranged.by
Zangief is a close range character as he is a wrestling type. Many of his moves are more complicated to pull off due to the 360 motions input required to perform the moves, making him a character for advanced players. Zangief is one of the slowest of all characters in the Street Fighter games, and presents a large target, yet is widely considered top-tier as he can control large amounts of space whilst negating the ability of other characters to do so with their projectile moves, with evasive techniques such as Spinning Lariat and Banishing Flat and the ability of his Spinning Piledriver to grab opponents out of most ground-based moves.
- Double Lariat: Zangief spins around with his arms extended out. Movement can be controlled. Punch button version is at normal speed. While the Kick button version is a faster spin.(Can also be done in the air)
- Spinning Piledriver: Zangief grabs the opponent and jumps in the air while spinning. A grab attack that must be done at close range but compensates by being unblockable.
- Running Powerbomb / Atomic Suplex: Zangief will grab the opponent and slam them into the ground. If he is at a much closer distance he will use his Atomic Suplex.
- Banishing Flat: Zangief's hand will glow green. He spins and attacks with his hand. A close range attack. It will also nullify projectiles. This can be chained to the Spinning Piledriver if the opponent blocks this move.
- Aerial Russian Slam: Zangief will jump. If the opponent is in the air he will grab them and throw them down to the ground. This move is also an alternative to the normal dash as it can go faster making it more effective.
- Vodka Fire: Zangief uses a flamethrower move that he creates from his mouth. (Available only in Iron Body mode)
|α||Ground||Double Lariat||Flying Powerbomb (L)||Super Spinning Lariat|
|β||Throw||Double Lariat||Flying Powerbomb (H)||Super Spinning Lariat|
|γ||Anti-Air||Aerial Russian Slam||Aerial Russian Slam||Super Spinning Lariat|
- Final Atomic Buster: Zangief runs to his opponents with his arms out. If he successfully grabs the opponent he will start doing a series of suplexes finally ending with a high jump slamming the opponent to the ground.
- Double Final Atomic Buster: Zangief's team hyper combo has him run forward if he grabs the opponent he and his teammate will both piledriver him/her. This only works when Zangief is the current player and performs this move when performing the Crossover Combination. It was later discarded in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
- Ultra Final Atomic Buster: A slightly upgraded version of Final Atomic Buster. Requires three hyper gauges. Similar to his regular version but more powerful.
- Iron Body: Zangief enters a state of super armor and is called Mech Zangief . Zangief turns grey and will proceed with the fight. In this form, Zangief will not stagger from most attacks but at a cost. As long as Zangief is in Iron Body mode he cannot defend. He will stay in this form until he gets K.O'ed or by inputting the same command that activated Iron Body, he will revert back to his form.
- Siberian Blizzard: Mech Zangief will do a super double lariat that goes straight up. This must be done right when the opponent is in mid-air or in close range.
- Super Spinning Lariat: This move can only work if Zangief tags in when performing the Crossover Combination.
- X-Men vs. Street Fighter
- Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
- Zangief's moves in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
- Zangief's moves in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
- Capcom Database:
- Street Fighter Wiki:
- Wikipedia: Zangief